Some links that have caught my eye of late:
- In Lawmaker’s Outburst, a Rare Breach of Protocol [NYTimes.com] — About S.C. Rep. Joe Wilson's "you lie" outburst.
- "What is aim of Thailand's 'red shirts' movement?" [Reuters] — Q&A-style analysis from Reuters.
- "List of inventors killed by their own inventions" [Wikipedia] — "This is a list of inventors whose deaths were in some manner caused by or related to a product, process, procedure, or other innovation that they invented or designed."
- The right kind of college rankings [James Fallows] — James Fallows on the Washington Monthly‘s new list of top universities.
- Federer's Footwork: Artful and Efficient [NYTimes.com] — An interactive feature from the NYT.
- "Five concrete steps to improving the news" [Newsless.org] — More on journalism and context at the always-excellent Newsless.org.
- "1984, a fine year for movies" [Kottke.org] — a "list of the most popular movies from 1984." Some real gems here.
- "Smells of New York City" [Interactive feature from NYTimes.com] — "New York secretes its fullest range of smells in the summer; disgusting or enticing, delicate or overpowering, they are liberated by the heat. So one sweltering weekend, I set out to navigate the city by nose…"