I have devoted numerous posts to Thailand’s ongoing political instability of late, often linking to various media reports. But I realized that I have neglected, in recent months, to point to some of my own stories. So here’s a re-cap:
In addition to filing pieces about breaking news in Thailand for ABC News Radio in New York, ((I’ll try to give you a heads up next time a story is due to run. I’ll most likely mention it quickly on Twitter.)) I am now covering business and economics issues in the region for BNA, in Washington, DC.
I cannot link to my BNA stories here since they’re subscriber-only, but some recent topics I have covered include:
- Thailand’s Map Ta Phut industrial estate issue ((Hence my interest and subsequent posts on the topic here at Newley.com))
- Labor issues and economic governance in Vietnam
- Asia’s economic recovery
- How exporting firms in Thailand are using the country’s various free trade agreements
I also recent wrote a recent story for AFP about Thai rice farmers and free trade. You can see the piece on the Jakarta Globe site here. It ran on March 7.
And, finally, I have written a number of fun travel/lifestyle stories for CNNGo.com of late. Here are a few:
- Attention dogs: How to live the good life in Bangkok
- 3 work-friendly Bangkok office escapes
- Q&A with Bangkok 8 author John Burdett
- The Siam Sunray: Chasing down Thailand’s ’signature’ cocktail ((You’ll recall that I blogged about the Siam Sunray here a while back.))