Some links that have caught my eye of late:
- The 3 key parts of news stories you usually don't get [Newsless.org] – Thoughts on journalism and context.
- McAllen, Texas and the high cost of health care [The New Yorker]
- Local newspapers in peril: The town without news [The Economist] – What happens when a small town in Britain loses its only newspaper? Do its citizens miss the news, or the sense of community? (Or both?)
- "Calling Home for Even Less" — The NYT's Frugal Traveler on Skype, VOIP apps, SIM cards, and more
- "Matchmaking in India – Canine Division [NYTimes.com] – Matchmaking for dogs. (Seriously!)
- "Usain Bolt: How the lightning Bolt changed the 100m rules" [guardian.co.uk] – Excellent infographic.
- "The Burmese road to ruin" [The Economist] – — Parallels between Than Shwe and Suharto