You may recall my recent post about attending David Thompson’s Thai cooking demonstration here in Bangkok. I was there for CNNGo, a recently launched travel and lifestyle site that focuses on six Asian cities. ((In addition to the Thai capital, the site covers Hong Kong, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo.))
I put together an audio slide show about the David Thompson event that you can find on the site here. And I’m embedding it below. Thompson talks about authenticity in cooking, what he finds appealing about Thai cuisine, and more.
If you have a look around CNNGo, you’ll also find a couple of my earlier contributions in the Bangkok section.
- Subscribe to My New Email Newsletter, Newley’s Notes
- Belatedly, my story on Singapore startups
- Worth Reading: An In-Depth NYT Travel Story on Cuenca, Ecuador and the Country’s Southern Coast
- On the Importance of Reading Books to Understand the World
- Why I’m Excited about Manton Reece’s Microblogging Effort