A quick note to point out that Bizarre Thailand: Tales of Crime, Sex and Black Magic, a book by old Thailand hand and all around good guy Jim Algie, is now available on Amazon.com.
I understand that the book’s first print run has sold out, but that it can now be purchased from all of Amazon’s many country-specific sites.
I haven’t had a chance to read the entire book yet, but I’ve seen a copy. My impression is that it captures, as the official site says, not just the country’s many delightful peculiarities, but “how the profound, profane and frankly quite odd intertwine with the rhythms and flows of everyday Thai life…”
UPDATE July 22: Jim tells me another print run is in the works, so the book will continue to be available in bookstores, as well.
- Book Coming Out Later This Year: ‘The Art of Atari’
- There’s No E-Book Version of Nicholas Negroponte’s ‘Being Digital’?
- A Novel I Really Loved: Adam Johnson’s ‘Parasites Like Us’
- Another Novel I Really Loved: Adam Johnson’s ‘Orphan Master’s Son’
- There’s Finally an Ebook Version Available of Nicholas Negroponte’s ‘Being Digital”