The latest on Japan:
- AP: Soldiers warn of tsunami threat in NE Japan
- AP: 3 injured, 7 missing in blast at Japan nuke plant
- NYT: Radioactive Releases in Japan Could Last Months, Experts Say
- NYT: Death Toll Estimate in Japan Soars as Relief Efforts Intensify
- For images, here’s a roundup from The Atlantic. And here’s another from Boston.com’s The Big Picture. Australia’s ABC News has clickable before and after images.
- For info on nuclear details, see this Scientific American story, “Nuclear Experts Explain Worst-Case Scenario at Fukushima Power Plant.”
- And finally, for ongoing updates, a reminder that I’m maintaining a Twitter list of journalists and various observers tweeting about the situation. So far I’ve got 23 folks, and will keep adding to the list.
(Image above: today’s WSJ and IHT feature the same moving photo of a woman standing amid wreckage.)