I’m Newley Purnell, a Wall Street Journal reporter covering tech in India. I’m based in New Delhi.
How to contact me
- Personal email: n [AT] newley.com
- For news tips: newley.purnell [AT] wsj.com
- Here are details on how to reach me using PGP and secure messaging apps.
Subscribe to my newsletter
- Subscribe to my weekly email newsletter to get links to my stories and other links I think are worth sharing.
RSS and Social media
- Follow me on Twitter at @newley.
- There’s also a Twitter feed for all Newley.com blog posts: @newleydotcom.
- In addition, you can subscribe to my public Facebook updates and like my Facebook page.
- Here’s the Newley.com RSS feed.
- I earned a BA in English from Emory University, where I played goalkeeper on the varsity soccer team.
- I received a master’s in business and economics journalism from Columbia University in New York. At Columbia, I was fortunate to be a Gray International Reporting Fellow.
- Here’s a Feb. 2015 interview I did with the Journalism School’s Covering Business website. And Bernard Leong interviewed me in Nov. 2015 for an episode of his Analyse Asia podcast.
About this site
- I registered Newley.com in 1999, began posting material on the site in 2001, and have been blogging consistently since January 2002.
- Over the years, Newley.com has been mentioned in popular blogs like BoingBoing and Kottke.org, as well as in Lonely Planet, in print and online. Here are some of my most popular posts.
- In blog posts I published through the end of 2013, I occasionally linked to books or other items on Amazon.com using a personal affiliate link. This meant if you clicked through and bought the item, I received a small referral fee. I no longer use such links.
- I post whenever time allows, and often share links via my Twitter feed.
- This blog contains my personal thoughts. My postings do not represent the views of my employers or any other groups. Also, a formatting note: Unless otherwise stated, bold font added to quoted material in my posts indicates my emphasis, not the author’s.
- Newley.com runs on the WordPress content management system.
- My Web host is DreamHost.
- I use the Mac-only MarsEdit desktop blog editor.
- This work is licensed under a
- I welcome feedback via comments on individual posts and via email. I delete comments that I think don’t add anything constructive to the site.
Thanks for visiting.
This page was last updated December 31, 2016.