That’s the subject of my story yesterday, which begins:
Amazon.com Inc. pulled doormats emblazoned with the Indian flag from its Canadian website after the South Asian nation’s foreign minister threatened to oust the Seattle company’s employees.
“This is unacceptable,” Sushma Swaraj, India’s foreign minister, wrote on Twitter Wednesday in response to a posting from a user showing an image of the doormats for sale.
Ms. Swaraj, who has 7 million followers on the platform, called on Amazon to remove the “insulting” products and threatened to rescind visas for Amazon’s foreign staff in India if action wasn’t taken.
- Amazon India Doormat Flap; Assessing the G.A.N.; You’re Tying Your Shoelaces Wrong — This Week’s Newley’s Notes
- By Me Last Week: Twitter Outshines Facebook — in Japan
- Google’s Newest India Focus: Connecting Small Businesses
- By Me Last Week: Twitter to Beef up Singapore Office
- Facebook released a new statistic at a press conference here in New Delhi yesterday