I spotted this clever feature in a taxi cab here in Singapore recently. Had never seen anything like it.
As you can see in the image above, the car had a mirror affixed to the outside of the rear seat passenger side door. When passengers get out, they can use it to check for oncoming cars or motorbikes.
Simple and clever.
I shared the photo on Twitter, and users pointed out such gadgets would be useful in far flung places like India, the U.K. and Uganda.
So there you go: Safety innovation, straight out of tiny Singapore!
- By Me Last Week: GrabTaxi Is Becoming Grab
- By Me Last Week: Twitter to Beef up Singapore Office
- By Me Last Week: Twitter Outshines Facebook — in Japan
- 🎤 Newley’s Notes 111: Great Pyramid Mystery; Musically’s Payday, #AnimojiKaraoke
- By Me Today: How Tech Companies Like Google, Facebook, Twitter and Viber are Helping Connect People Following the Nepal Earthquake