I love coffee.
I have a weird name.
And I live in Singapore and travel regularly in Southeast Asia.
That’s a recipe for some serious Starbucks barista mixups!
Herewith, a collection of misspellings of my name from Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta and more locations over the last year.
This one’s from Kuala Lumpur.
Can’t remember the location of this one.
This one’s from Jakarta.
Singapore, I think.
This one’s also from KL.
Another one from Singapore.
And another from Singapore, I think. This one’s pretty close, and completely logical.
Can’t remember where this one’s from. But it’s certainly phonetically accurate.
This one’s from Manila
Life would be so boring if my name were James or John.
- Me on WSJ Live Talking about Malaysia Airlines Flight 17
- By Me and a Colleague Wed.: Alibaba to Invest $1 billion in Southeast Asia-Focused E-Commerce Startup Lazada
- How I’ve helped with our Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 coverage
- Two Outstanding MH17 Features
- Recommended: Decker Barbeque, Texas-Style BBQ in Singapore