McDonald has been traveling in the region for more than 20 years, and has some interesting thoughts on how travel — and travelers — have changed over time.
He talks mainly about Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam and Indonesia, and suggests an intinerary for a one-month tour through the region. His recommendation might surprise you.
- My Top 10 Southeast Asia Travel Tips
- ‘The New Myanmar’: All 6 episodes of Anasuya’s new show
- NY Times: Journalists who cover Myanmar may have had their email hacked
- Scoop Mon. With Colleagues: Indonesia’s Go-Jek in Talks to Raise $1 Billion
- My Recent A-hed on James McGowan, the Globe-Trotting McDonald’s Obsessive