The truce holds, at least for now.
The Thai king turned 86 today; it’s a national holiday.
Meanwhile, protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban told supporters Tuesday night:
“We will start our fight again on December 6. We will start as dawn is breaking and we will fight every day until we get victory…”
Here are a few items worth reading:
- Thai king urges people to do their duty; declines crisis comment — Reuters
- Thailand’s street politics turns violent yet again — Kevin Hewison at The Conversation
- Thailand’s stark choice — Andrew Walker at the ANU College of Asia & the Pacific
- Thailand update: Democrats quit parliament, protesters to march tomorrow (Monday)
- Thailand update: Yingluck won’t quit, details from Suthep, more drone journalism
- My favorite chart illustrating trends in Thai governance over the decades
- Thailand’s Somyot Sentenced to 10 Years for Royal Defamation
- 13 Links