The New York Times reports today:
Several journalists who cover Myanmar said Sunday that they had received warnings from Google that their e-mail accounts might have been hacked by “state-sponsored attackers.”
The warnings began appearing last week, said the journalists, who included employees of Eleven Media, one Myanmar’s leading news organizations; Bertil Lintner, a Thailand-based author and expert on Myanmar’s ethnic groups; and a Burmese correspondent for The Associated Press.
Worth a read.
- Nick Lemann in The New Yorker on Thiel, Gawker, and press freedom in the U.S.
- Our Stories on Anti-Coup Protests and Social Media in Thailand
- My Favorite Email Newsletters of 2017
- Following Thailand protest news: blogs, my Twitter lists, local media, and more
- On Austin Tice, Syria, and Risks Freelancers Take