Some news to share, friends:
Next week I’m leaving Bangkok to spend nine months in New York, where I’ll be pursuing my master’s in journalism at Columbia University.
I’ll be in the MA program, which is designed for experienced journalists to focus, in depth, on one area of study. I’ll be in the business and economics concentration.
As far as posting here at Newley.com is concerned, I’ll likely continue linking — though less frequently — to stories about major news events in Thailand. And I’m sure I’ll be writing about my experiences in New York.
I’ll be returning to Asia in the spring, so Thailand friends: I’ll see you on the flip side. U.S. and NYC pals: I look forward to catching up soon.
Thanks, as ever, for reading. And please stay tuned: I’ve got some long-pending posts in the queue that cover a variety of topics, from blogging to nutrition to Mac geekery.
- And just like that, I’ve completed my Columbia master’s degree
- Following Thailand protest news: blogs, my Twitter lists, local media, and more
- Digital Media Startups Encounter Financial Troubles
- The Mysterious NYC Fire Hydrant Poles Marked ‘Thailand’: We Have an Answer
- ‘Hunger Games’ Salute, Facebook outage and more: a Belated Roundup of Thai Coup Stories