I wanted to share two photos I snapped recently. They both demonstrate interesting Bangkok street life improvisations.
First: It’s the middle of rainy season here, so what do you do when you’re caught in an evening downpour without an umbrella?
Simple — make a poncho (with a cutout for your face) out of a plastic bag:
And second: What do you do if you’re a motorcycle taxi driver and your favorite hammock is getting too much mid-day sun?
Simple — fashion a shade out of some fronds and affix it to the over-hanging electrical wires:
- By Me and a Colleague Wed.: Uber to Launch Motorbike Service in Bangkok
- The difference between saying something and actually doing it
- Single, Individually Wrapped Bananas for Sale in Singapore
- Singapore Taxi Hack: Mirror for Passengers to Check Oncoming Traffic
- Uber Agrees in Principle to Exit Southeast Asia for Stake in Rival