Take note: One of the world’s biggest pop stars has arrived in the Thai capital.
Above is a snapshot of today’s Bangkok Post front page.
The Post reports:
Lady Gaga arrived at Don Mueang airport in her private jet late Wednesday, and was greeted by a large crowd of fans before her Friday evening concert in Bangkok.
She immediately tweeted:
“I just landed in Bangkok, baby! Ready for 50,000 screaming Thai monsters. I wanna get lost in a lady market and buy fake Rolex.”
There’s also a video clip of her arrival, embedded above and on YouTube here.
Regarding the singer’s choice of attire, @Binderdonedat riffed thusly:
— Binderdonedat (@Binderdonedat) May 24, 2012
(Style mavens and hard core Gaga fans can see more photos of her outfit here.)
(All emphasis mine.)
- Thai Airways Plane Veers Off Suvarnabhumi Runway; 13 Injured
- Video: Italians Try to Pronounce Wojciech Szczesny’s Name
- Samsung’s Plan to Hook Consumers in Southeast Asia
- Thailand protest update: demonstrations move beyond Bangkok
- Nick Lemann in The New Yorker on Thiel, Gawker, and press freedom in the U.S.