I’ve been pressed for time today, so this won’t be a full-length post. But I wanted to share this cell phone pic:
This is the front page of today’s Bangkok Post.
I wanted to point it out to illustrate that there still seems to be a great deal of uncertainty about what will happen next with the flooding situation.
Yes, I’m aware that this is, ultimately, the newspaper’s description of events, but still: Just glancing at their home page now, two adjacent headlines are as follows:
09:33 p.m.: Flood advances into Bangkok
09:22 p.m.: Situation ‘will be better soon’
Just noting this, for the record.
And, for perspective, here’s an AP story from yesterday about the Thai king and water management through the years.
That’s it for now. More soon.
- There’s No E-Book Version of Nicholas Negroponte’s ‘Being Digital’?
- Will Bangkok Flood Again This Year?
- Here are 3 maps that show where Bangkok protests are happening—for now, at least
- Thailand flooding: Is this 2011 all over again? Probably not
- AP: ‘Thailand government says al-Qaida group eyes attack on US consulate’