Here are eight disparate links that have caught my eye of late:
- Short Hops, Low Fares, Around Asia — a useful story from the New York Times‘s Frugal Traveler, Matt Gross. ((Previous post about Matt and multimedia travel journalism is here.))
- Deadspin Founder on the Future of Sports, Movies — from The Atlantic.
- The Cloak Bag is “the world’s only shoot-through camera bag.” You have to see it to believe it. Silly? Handy? Both? (Via @dailytransit).
- The Future of Context — on journalism, the Web, storytelling, and context.
- The Pull-Up — in praise of an oft-neglected — and oh so simple — exercise.
- An American Who Died Fighting for Indonesia’s Freedom — from the Smithsonian.
- Kiwi Knives — low-cost knives made in Thailand, reviewed on Cool Tools.
- And finally, a note to point out that the excellent AsiaWorks Television — a Bangkok-based video production house — has launched a new Web site. And there’s a NewsWire section that contains stories from Asia.