Via the blog Thai 101 comes a couple of great Thai pop music videos from the 1980’s.
First is this video (embedded below), “Door of the Heart,” a 1982 tune by a band called Sao Sao Sao. (Warning: official page contains auto-loading midi music.). ((For some reason, this song reminds me of the all-female Japanese punk rock band Shonen Knife‘s tune called “Banana Chips“. Except, well, “Door of the Heart” is much softer, slower…and in Thai.))
If you spend a few weeks — or even a few days — in Thailand, you’re likely to hear this song on the radio or performed live. ((You can find the lyrics here; the words contain an interesting take on international trade policy.))
Visit the link to Thai 101 above to find more Thai music videos from the 1980s.
- Apple Music’s Beats 1 isn’t Just Radio on the Web
- Song of the Day: Brandi Carlile’s “Wherever Is Your Heart”
- ‘Hunger Games’ Salute, Facebook outage and more: a Belated Roundup of Thai Coup Stories
- Thailand update: Drone footage provides vivid views of yesterday’s clashes
- Another unexpected stateside reminder of Thailand: Gale Boetticher’s karaoke performance